Intertextual Connections


The Story Of Petal Notes & Passing Dews


I just snacked on some Ruffles chips, sour cream to be precise. It was yummy. I felt 15 again and binging like a youth. I don't do it much because I don't have the time and personal domain for it. I have been saying that I really just want to kick back and watch a movie, snack on chips and relax. It's still on my to do list. I visited dad this evening. A rather brief one I must say, I got there 15 minutes earlier before the rest. We chatted. I think he was open with me. His operation went well and he was in good health. He is checking out tomorrow before noon. Praise God. He was reading when I walked in. What was on the menu? The intelligent investor - Benjamin Graham Three Kingdoms (Abridged edition) - Moots Roberts (english translation for the famous chinese three kingdoms). Give it to him for his selection of books, I enjoy digging out his stash and finding some excellent reads. Clearly, he is still churning his mind for the battles ahead.

Mum and brother came in after and served him porridge and there was pin drop silence in the room. I don't know why but it's typical Asian more so Chinese, like we have to keep still and things can well, for me, get uncomfortable. Everyone hush so no one steps one on each other's tail. That was genetic scene when all the family pieces came into play. I simply don't agree with that emotional pictorial at all. I really do hope when I become a husband and father, it would shed a different style and illuminate cheerfully on my life canvas. I pray for that change everyday just to be simply aware of who I am. In less than 25 minutes, we were sent packing home and he was done. I walked out and wondered, so that's how it is? I laughed about it with mum and my brother because we all just find it really weird. But that's how he is. We all try to figure him out but to no avail. However, with me - there's a totally different side, I think he lets his guard down and I genuinely have conversations with him. I try to share life minus my part about church. He will chat about work and I rope that in for him. He enjoys it.

I think many entries have been about this and this simply means I am still searching for answer through my writing, it may never come but at least a jotted log may be present when I flip through it once again. Some passing dews are meant to be revisited because you never know the priceless residue you might find :)

I attended a wake tonight, W's dad. The service quickly put everything back in perspective for me. A good man he was from the many sharing and all glory to Him. I feel for the family and my heart continues to pray for W and her family after being made known tonight about the good fight and life that her father led despite being a very prominent man in the area of business. They were many key figures at the wake tonight. Ultimately, God took his place and reaffirms my life about the dedication that is needed to follow the Lord. To carry our cross daily. Suddenly, the little pricks in life don't matter so much anymore.

I was asked to do some copy writing for a friend who plans to set up an outfit selling flowers. They were thinking of a name, her bf suggested the 'Botanist'. She wanted to pierce him with the rose thorns. I just threw a name after a few questions and suggested Petal Notes. I would encourage her to sell an emotional memory and not a commodity. May each petal have a worthy note to encourage or brighten some person. I think I would enjoy doing this and look forward to helping.

I just got news about the upcoming IBridge camp last night. I was thinking about it the whole night because I have been thinking about those very same issues and now they are actually addressing - 1) transitioning into the market place 2) impacting the market place. I strongly feel that this would be an important camp for me in my timely career. I really want to get some perspective here. I'm still praying about it and more importantly praying for expectant heart to learn and receive when I'm there. I wrote to them to see what the schedule and breakdown of topics are like. Since S has been before, she's been furnishing me with some details and I do hope her hospitality gestures have improve greatly since the Melb days :p haha.

Father I thank you for this life
I thank you for the people who matter
I thank you for experiences, memories,
knowledge, wisdom and intuition

May my petal notes have a sweet smelling aroma
Never a passing dew to the very few
But building a stage of panorama
To invite the many to fill up the pews
To know that life truly matters, when its with you.

0 Responses to “The Story Of Petal Notes & Passing Dews”

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.